Throughout my life, I’ve been fascinated by stories. A good story told at the right time can teach you something, motivate or inspire you and can connect people. Music can be a story in itself; a journey through different moments or emotions that can connect with the listener. But music could also be a supportive element in a bigger picture, where the music can enhance the story or add counterpoint to it. The goal is always to make someone experience something that is bigger than the sum of its parts. My talent is making music, and I love to be able to use this to tell a story or to help tell one together.
Every project is unique and requires a unique musical approach. It’s of great importance to start constructing the sound of and the material of the music as early as possible, so it will fit the project perfectly. I love to have conversations with a director to find out together what the context is where the movie takes place. The themes, setting, storylines and character development, but also how this will be constructed in image and sound. Next up, we can look together for a musical sound and language that would fit all this. It’s no problem at all for me to adapt to what the film needs, since I love to dive into all the musical elements that could be of value for the project, and can make them completely my own.
Do you have a project, but no idea yet what to do with the music? Get in touch with me and together, we can find out what all the possibilities are!
2012-2016 BA Classical Composition Conservatory of Amsterdam
- Composition lessons with Willem Jeths and Wim Henderickx.
- Masterclasses with Tan Dun, Fons Merkies, Fabio Nieder, Bob Zimmermann, John Adams.
- Performance highlights include the Concertgebouw Amsterdam, theater Carré, Muziekgebouw aan ‘t IJ, muziekgebouw Eindhoven.
- Graduated with a score of 8,5 out of 10.
2016-2018 MA Composing for Film Conservatory of Amsterdam
- Composition lessons with Jurre Haanstra.
- Intense collaboration with the Dutch Film academy. I wrote the music to two third-year films and four graduation films.
- The score to The Library of Things was recorded with a live orchestra, and was awarded the very first ‘Keep an Eye film score award’.
- Master thesis Level up! Transcending virtual- into hyperorchestration in film music, in which I dived in the relationship between acoustic and electronic composition for film composers. It was awarded 8 out of 10.
January 2013 Op weg naar het nieuwjaarsconcert 2013
Awarded by the Dutch Wind Ensemble for my work Love’s variety – On the diversities in a universal notion.
February 2013 Ricciotti’s grote arrangeerwedstrijd – 3rd prize
Awarded by the Ricciotti Ensemble for my arrangement of Mekhuteneste Mayne.
March 2013 Slide factory composition contest – Jury- and audience award.
Awarded by the New Trombone Collective for my work Dystopia.
November 2014 TROMP Percussion composition competition
Awarded by TROMP Percussion Eindhoven for my work Claustrophobia.
June 2018 Keep an Eye film score award
Awarded by the Keep an Eye foundation for my film score of The Library of Things.